2.5.2021 at 15 COLLOQUIUM: Tempo Rubato – Use, Flexibility and Modification of Time
• Charting Modern-Age Beliefs in the Metronomic Tempo
• Tempo Words in Late Seventeenth-Century Organ Praeludia
• Eighteenth-Century Tempo Indications
• Understanding Early Indications for Tempo Modification
• The Influence of Mechanical Recording Technologies
• Subjectivity, Flexibility of Tempo and Affect in the Light of Aaron Hill’s The Art of Acting (1754)
This event, hosted by the Helsinki Baroque Orchestra in collaboration with the Research Centre of the Slovenian Academy of Sciences and Arts, is free to join and open to the public who will have a chance to interact and pose questions.